Here are the top 6.
1. “Whatever, it’s fine.”- Passive aggression is one of the most unhealthy traits of a relationship.
2. “This is your fault.”- Regardless of whether or not your partner is responsible, it never ends well when the blame is placed on one person.
3. “Do whatever you want.”- Saying that in an argument could encourage them to do things out of spite and make matters worse.
4. “I don’t want to talk about this right now- This phrase alone can start another feud. If you really think talking it out later will be more beneficial, there are other ways to suggest the same thing.
5. “You never/always . . .”- You’ve already lost right here. “Always” and “never” are rarely accurate measurements that can easily be countered.
6. “You’re so [insert belittling adjective here].”- Making hurtful comments will have consequences beyond the fight. Even after things have been settled, they’ll always remember how they felt when you took a stab at them. Always be respectful to one another, even in the toughest of disputes.